In the latest state report card of academic achievement and career readiness, Granville had the highest score in Central Ohio and the 2nd highest in the State.
GEVSD’s Performance Index of 106.1 on 2016-17 Ohio State Assessments was in the top 2% of all 614 school districts in the state.
Visit the Ohio Department of Education district report card for Granville Schools for more information.
Beyond the Report Card
▪ Eighty percent of Granville Schools teachers have a Master’s degree. The average teaching experience is 12.7 years.
▪ Project Based Learning has been implemented at all grade levels.
▪ More than 90% of GHS students are involved in extra-curricular activities.
▪ GIS features a Cultural Arts Night to showcase students' accomplishments in art, music and physical education.
▪ GES partners with Denison University for the America Reads Program, in which college students volunteer to assist in elementary classrooms.
▪ More than 92% of graduates attend a 4-year institution, including admission to over 100 top universities. Class of 2017 scholarships exceeded $5 million.
▪ Early literacy is critical for future success. Granville’s balanced literacy framework results in 100% of students meeting the Third-Grade Guarantee requirement for reading.
▪ GMS students earned 290 high school credits toward graduation.
▪ An award-winning World languages program beginning in seventh grade prepared students to earn gold, silver and bronze medals in the 2017 National French, Latin, and Spanish exams.
▪ Advanced classes for gifted and talented students are offered in all buildings in a variety of subjects.
▪ GHS students have the opportunity to participate in 29 varsity sports. GHS sports teams won 6 league titles, 3 district titles, and 2 regional titles. The Girls Soccer Team was a semi-finalist in the State Tournament. The GHS Competition Cheer Team was the state champion in their division.
▪ On the 2016-17 Local Report Card, Granville earned an A for Progress (student growth) for all student sub-groups and buildings.
▪ Members of the Kiwanis K-Kids, a service learning club at GES, completed more than 50 service projects.
▪ Forty percent of all food offered in cafeterias daily by AVI Fresh is locally-sourced.
▪ Granville earned Heart Safe School accreditation, a program to increase awareness and create an emergency response plan within each school. All staff are also certified in CPR.
▪ GIS and GMS students and staff participate in the NFL's "Fuel Up to Play 60" program to encourage good nutrition and physical fitness.
Read more about Granville Schools academic, arts, and athletics performance.
Our district carefully manages the tax dollars entrusted to them:
▪ Granville schools maintain the lowest spend-per-pupil versus other peer districts, even as they achieve the 2nd highest academic achievement rating in the state -- a great value!
▪ Sixty percent of district’s cost per pupil is spent on instruction and direct student support (state average: 58.2%).
▪ District converted to a high deductible health care plan with Heath Savings Accounts for its employees, effective January 1, 2018, to help control rising health care costs.
▪ Earned Auditor’s Certification of Achievement and GFOA Excellence in Financial Reporting.
▪ Participates in the Treasurer of State’s Open Government Initiative, which puts the district’s “checkbook” online.
▪ Entered into a favorable lease/purchase financing arrangement to complete energy efficiencies that will pay for themselves.
Read more about Granville Schools financial stewardship.